Thursday, August 5, 2010

9. British Accents

I'll happily admit a lot of things most people won't. If I stand behind something, I'm not going to back down about it. For instance, you can't tell me that Aaron Carter wasn't the flyest white boy alive in 2000. It's a fact, in my opinion. Also, Ryan Seacrest needs to step out of the coatroom and come to terms with his homosexuality. Honestly, the rest of America has already accepted him and it's time he accept himself. But I digress.

I think it is time the entire world declares that people with British accents are automatically cooler than non-British-accent-having people. Don't try to argue with me about it, because we all know it's true. 

Why do you think shows on MTV, ABC, and E! have random British hosts? British accents sound better and up the cool factor a little.  No one wants to hear someone say "duty" when we can hear "dewty". And that whole thing with not pronouncing double t's? Adorable. Give me "ba-ill" over "battle" anyday.

Having a British accent means your worldly and cool, not to be confused with those ignorant international look-alikes, the Americans. You can be unattractive, uneducated and blabbering about complete bullshit; as long as you're speaking in a British accent, people will listen.

I love most foreign accents, but British ones are particularly music to my ears. It's something about the chiming ring of it. It's a cheery thing to listen to.

On another note: Guys, if you want to pick up girls; hit on them in a British accent. It doesn't matter what you say. As long as you have an accent, a tweed jacket, and wire rimmed glasses you are good to go.

A toast to the British accent, because we all secretly wish we had one.

1 comment: